Scrabbleforumet

Diskussionsforum om Scrabble
Aktuellt datum och tid: fre 20 okt, 2017 17:53

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme [ Sommartid ]

Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 72 inlägg ]  Gå till sida 1, 2, 3  Nästa
Författare Meddelande
InläggPostat: mån 24 sep, 2012 19:58 
Ordlistekommittén

Craig Beevers, the webmaster of the World English-Language Scrabble Players Association (WESPA), e-mailed me about the Prague Scrabble Tournament that takes place 1-4 December 2012. There will be 24 rounds and a prize pool of at least 10,000 euros. Craig, who is also the Tournament Director of the event, writes:
Citera:
The tournament is the first organised with Living it Loving it, a company that runs big poker events globally and is expanding into mind sports such as Scrabble, Bridge, Backgammon etc. They will be running further festivals under the Mind Sports International brand next year and we're likely to see Scrabble part of this in Vienna (February) and Marbella (May).

The Prague tournaments will be played to WESPA V2 rules and ABSP and WESPA rated. Further details of the event can be found in these links:

http://www.wespa.org/tournaments/prague2012d.pdf
http://www.wespa.org/tournaments/prague2012flyer.pdf
http://www.praguemindsportsfestival.com/festival-schedules/scrabble/
I can't go there myself as I'm booked that weekend, but hopefully some other representatives from Sweden can go there! Craig might be adding more information here later. Cheers, Greger

Senast redigerad av bloomsbury tis 03 dec, 2013 10:18, redigerad totalt 2 gånger.

InläggPostat: tis 25 sep, 2012 17:34 

Thanks Greger.

Yes I hope to see a few of you there, as well as for future events. I'm trying to make sure everyone is aware of the tournaments before the big promotion push starts from Living it Loving it.

The main event is a guaranteed 10,000 euros prize fund, with 1,000 euros allotted to prizes to anyone who's not played rated games to CSW before and an even larger amount to ratings prizes. The value of the event is second to none with 90% of the entry fees returned as prizes and a great rate to stay at the Corinthia Hotel, Prague (where it all takes place). There are also two smaller tournaments taking place before and after the main event - a 4 game early bird and a winner takes all elimination event (two losses and you're out).

The schedules listed will likely be adjusted slightly to accommodate late afternoon or early evening food breaks. But apart from that everything is on the flyers and website.

If you have any questions then fire away.

InläggPostat: tis 13 nov, 2012 16:00 

Here's the latest press release on the event:

http://praguemindsportsfestival.com/news/

That covers the £20,000+ smart board and UK TV star Rachel Riley who will be presenting the festival. We still have plenty of room and I'd like to see some more new faces entering. 3,250 euros of the overall (guaranteed) 10,000 euros prize fund is going to the lower division, ratings prizes and new player prizes.

Details to register are here:

http://www.praguemindsportsfestival.com ... /scrabble/

InläggPostat: lör 01 dec, 2012 11:15 
Ordlistekommittén

The 2012 Prague Mind Sports Festival SCRABBLE Early Bird tournament has started! They play four rounds (see standings here) before the main event that starts at 2 PM today. /Greger

InläggPostat: lör 01 dec, 2012 15:40 
Ordlistekommittén

The Main Event has started - follow standings and enhanced scoreboard. /Greger

InläggPostat: sön 02 dec, 2012 12:23 

So the next MindSports event is in Vienna, between 16th and 19th of February, as is the official schedule:
http://www.viennamindsportsfestival.com/schedule/

There will be 3 more MindSports events next year in April, August (places tba) and returning to Prague in December.
There are also some English scrabble events in other non-native English countries :

5th Israeli Open - 22-24.02.2012 in Tiberias
http://www.scrabble.org.il/fifthisraeliopen.htm

5th European Open + 6th Malta Open in Mellieha, Malta
http://www.absp.org.uk/calendar/malta2013.pdf

2nd German Open - 04-06.10.2012 in Bad Wimpfen
http://www.absp.org.uk/calendar/germanopen2013.pdf

All of them has participants from all over the world, so it's a good opportunity to meet the top players but also normal players with various ratings. The prize structure is always made to give everyone a chance for their division and it could be a good practice for us all and also a nice way to visit little parts of other countries.

Myself, I am Romanian, I hope to meet at least one Swedish player in Bad Wimpfen, which is the only independent tournament in the continental part of Europe, made only by the German enthusiastic players. It is a tournament that each year is going to another place or country in the continental part of the Europe, so it could come back to Romania next years for a second edition of our English open.
My deepest hope is that someday I will have the occasion to come to Sweden for playing in an English scrabble tournament, and at least to be close, if not to meet my all-times favourite band - Timoteij :)

InläggPostat: tor 06 dec, 2012 02:50 

99.9% certain it will be 16th-18th for the Main Event. We'll have some small side events as well probably.

InläggPostat: tor 06 dec, 2012 20:18 
Användarvisningsbild

I enjoyed watching what little I was able to catch of John Chew's live streaming. Are there plans to make recordings of past broadcasts (for this tournament or future tournaments) available online so I can watch what I missed? I've always thought Scrabble would make a pretty good spectator sport, if there was something analogous to poker's pocket cam to help viewers follow the game. Glad to see you guys experimenting with similar concepts!

It's also interesting to see an event that integrates board- and card games with e-sports. Even though there is a bit of a cultural gap between the two communities, I think they face very similar challenges in terms of getting attention in the mainstream, and would benefit from more cross-pollination in general.

Unfortunately, it seems like the e-sports event did not garner much attention in the wider e-sports community. Some quick googling reveals hype/announcement threads by the organizers on commmunity sites like hltv.org and the League of Legends subreddit, generating reasonable amounts of attention for a relatively unknown tournament. This is all good and necessary. However, I found no information nor discussion about streams whatsoever, nor any discussion about the tournament results. The streams in particular seems to be the key piece missing from the puzzle here: if the games are not broadcasted on a well-produced, well-advertised stream on twitch or own3d, most people will simply not care. And in fairness, the fact that IPL5 was running on the same weekend probably didn't help.

In any case, kudos to MSI for putting on this event circuit!

(Nigel Richards winning Scrabble was almost as unsurprising as NiP winning CS:GO :))

InläggPostat: mån 10 dec, 2012 02:16 

To my knowledge there is just what is on the Mind Sports TV site (not a lot):

http://www.mindsportstv.com/

I did my own video here:

http://youtu.be/cnpm4rs17Sc

InläggPostat: mån 10 dec, 2012 20:01 

Details of the Vienna event here:

http://forum.mindsportsinternational.co ... ienna.aspx

Please do give feedback on there too.

InläggPostat: tis 03 sep, 2013 08:21 

What would get you to play in a Scrabble tournament? Everyone plays at home with their families, but the tournament scene is lacking. What would it take for you to complete in a sanctioned Scrabble tournament?

InläggPostat: tis 03 dec, 2013 10:25 
Ordlistekommittén

Nu är John Chews inofficiella hemsida för Scrabble Champions Tournament (SCT) 2013 uppe. Dagens Last Chance Qualifier startar inom kort. Imorgon börjar SCT där Gunnar Andersson tävlar för Sverige. Lycka till så mycket! :)

John Chew's unofficial webpage for Scrabble Champions Tournament (SCT) 2013 is now up and running. Today's Last Chance Qualifier is about to be started. SCT starts tomorrow where Gunnar Andersson will compete for Sweden. All the best of luck! :)

InläggPostat: ons 04 dec, 2013 12:12 
Användarvisningsbild

Hurra! Gunnar har vunnit första matchen i turneringen, mot amerikanen Tim Adamson som verkar ha kommit in som "last chance qualifier" Tim har en så pass hög peakrating i det amerikanska systemet som 1956, så det är en verkligt fin skalp Gunnar började med!

Edit: Tim kom så högt som på åttonde plats vid VM 2007.

InläggPostat: ons 04 dec, 2013 13:36 
Användarvisningsbild

Vinst igen för Gunnar i andra ronden! Nu mot en spelare från Singapore.

Tyvärr stryk med liten marginal i tredje ronden mot skotten Scott som f.ö. gick upp i ledning med hjälp av den vinsten. Men mer än godkänd start ändå på turneringen!

InläggPostat: ons 04 dec, 2013 20:21 
Ordlistekommittén

3-4 första dagen efter knallhårt motstånd - fyra möten med 2000+-spelare gav en vinst, mot Tim Adamson. Tyvärr förlust mot en spelare från Ghana som bara hade lite högre ingångrating än jag. Roligaste draget hittills: OUT(LO)V(I)NG över två orange för 52.

Mina rullningar (15):

SALUTER(S), (U)RINATES, ZARIBAS, (G)LOSSING, NURTuRE, AROUsED, RA(T)TLIeR, RENNASE, STRANGE, ETOILES, SAUcIER, (R)ADIATES, ENRAGES, TEQUILA, DONSIER

Motståndarnas rullningar (15):

UNSILEN(T), eYEBEAm(S), DUPER(I)ES, sOOTIER, UTILI(Z)ER, PLATOoN(S), INDULGE, EARNERS, SuIDIAN, GRIESLY, ENtRE(P)OT, EISWEIN, MURIA(T)ED, bRI(D)EMEN, SALVAgE

InläggPostat: ons 04 dec, 2013 20:32 
Användarvisningsbild

heja gunnar!

InläggPostat: ons 04 dec, 2013 21:00 
Ordförande

Jag kan bara instämma, bra jobbat Gunnar -- fortsätt så! Heja!

InläggPostat: ons 04 dec, 2013 22:20 

Gunnar gained 88 rating points on day 1 which was the highest gain in the whole field. Great work.

InläggPostat: tor 05 dec, 2013 01:53 

Heja Gunnar säger jag också!

InläggPostat: tor 05 dec, 2013 10:33 
Användarvisningsbild

Heja Gunnar, du är bäst, ingen protäst!

InläggPostat: tor 05 dec, 2013 20:21 
Ordlistekommittén

5-3 idag, och marginalerna på min sida i slutspelen - det hade lätt kunnat bli 1-7. Thailändaren i näst sista ronden drog t.ex. upp QJP när han tömde påsen och trots 48 poäng för Q, så gick jag förbi när jag kunde gå ut i två och han fick AAJPS kvar.

Mina rullningar (20):

PETE(R)ING, OVERpAI(D), MARTINI, sHOOTIN(G), INSIDER(S), ORIOLES, (I)NTHROnE, (R)EALISED, REPL(A)TED, (E)tHEREAL, OVeRNET, IODATES, A(V)ERSION, ESLOYNE, EVE(R)TING, vICI(N)ITY, (U)NMASKED, DIO(R)ITES, RUNNETS, DEnTARI(A)

Motståndarnas rullningar (17):

ORD(A)INEE, AGUISES, AGiO(T)AGE, SEQUOIA, DISRUPT, OUTAGeS, COLLINS, UNItIES, LUP(A)NaRS, CARVIES, ADVAN(C)Ed, PEsKIER, RONDUL(E)T, (v)EINULET, UREMIAs, NARR(O)wLY, VIL(L)AGER

Ordkollsdatorn har varit på blandat humör: Jag fick ta upp *UNBETTER och *TINKERY samma match, men (I)NTHROnE och REPL(A)TED fick stanna kvar en annan match.

InläggPostat: tor 05 dec, 2013 20:47 
Användarvisningsbild

Bra jobbat Gunnar, kul att följa. Heja svärjä!!!!1

Bilagor:
1975_abba_w_swedish_flagg.jpeg
1975_abba_w_swedish_flagg.jpeg [ 42.6 KiB | Visad 6117 gånger ]

InläggPostat: fre 06 dec, 2013 00:15 
Regelkommittén

Radagast skrev:
SEQUOIA

Då slapp du ju syna stavningen på den antar jag! Starkt jobbat att ligga på övre halvan efter två dagar. Känn ingen press att behöva hålla den positionen..

InläggPostat: fre 06 dec, 2013 01:25 
Styrelseledamot

Jättekul att följa turneringen och fantastiskt att ha Gunnar på 8-7! Antar att särskilt Johan skulle bli glad om han kunde hålla sig kvar på övre halvan eftersom det skulle innebära att det svenska laget kommer utgöras av hela två spelare i nästa VM (man kan ju gissa vilka två det skulle bli).

Anmärkningsvärt för övrigt att se en fyra synas bort på TV-bordet, men de har ju så många ord att hålla koll på och för vissa är det ju till och med en annan ordbok än de är vana vid, så det är väl förståeligt.

InläggPostat: fre 06 dec, 2013 02:31 
Regelkommittén

jonissen skrev:
Jättekul att följa turneringen och fantastiskt att ha Gunnar på 8-7! Antar att särskilt Johan skulle bli glad om han kunde hålla sig kvar på övre halvan eftersom det skulle innebära att det svenska laget kommer utgöras av hela två spelare i nästa VM (man kan ju gissa vilka två det skulle bli).

Tja, nog finns det ett par till som skulle konkurrera om platserna, kanske främst Marc som nog är bättre än mig. Men jag tror inte vi ska trissa upp förväntningarna, Gunnar har gått långt mycket bättre än han "borde" hittills. Man kan ju också se på brickskillnaden (toksist bland de som har 8-7) att han har haft marginalerna på sin sida, jämför Gunnars -463 med Terry Kirk som ligger på 96:e plats och har +33. En 80:e-plats vore en stor framgång, 55:a känns inte så realistiskt.

Imorgon ska Gunnar möta Naween Fernando som blev trea i VM 2005.. vinner han den matchen så kanske vi kan börja drömma om en till VM-plats. ;-)

Visa inlägg nyare än:  Sortera efter  
Ny tråd Svara på tråd  [ 72 inlägg ]  Gå till sida 1, 2, 3  Nästa

Alla tidsangivelser är UTC + 1 timme [ Sommartid ]