marc roddis skrev:
response to Radagast:
4. G9 (R)UE is Quackle's top choice; 75% win rate. I believe you can deduce which two of the eight pick-ups are losing and why.
Incredibly, picking up a fourth A to get the rack AAAANN is winning; if this does not lose, what does?
8. There is at least one bonus, but not through E---E.
10. Quackle's win rates are
41% for 10B J(E)T, and
0 % for 15L TYG,
which is a surprisingly big difference in my view. Can we explain this?
4. I did a quick scan of the eight different pickups and found that it was surprisingly hard to find a bonus ending with E. The board was blocked enough to make it hard to score with the strong-looking racks.
10. I´m not surprised about JET´s win rates, but it´s strange that TYG fails so completely.
Now for some new analyses:
12. My bonus kung fu doesn´t extend to seeing the bonuses in AABIMY?. 15A rIMY scores 64, so I settle for that.
13. The bag is bonus-prone. I want to play off at most two tiles, definitely the J. Hence 3L JE(U) for 29 looks reasonable.
14. 10A (O)M for 20. I don´t want to destroy a strong rack, and there are several bonus lanes (B and E).